Thursday 19 February 2009

w/c 14/02/09


Oh how we laughed at the latest Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

This time we were having dinner with Julia Bradbury from Watchdog, Christopher Biggins from I'm A Celebrity, Phillip Olivier from Brookside, and Edwina Currie from a vile place that breeds Tories.

First off, we are at Julia's where she starts of with a little Aquavit. Cut to a very camp Biggins reading the menu - "Aquavit! It's vile!" but when he later realises he got the drink mistaken for Advocaat he chirps: "Advocaat makes me vomit. Aquavit I adore. I went down the wrong avenue there."

Not for the first time Mr Biggins.

Julia serves up smoked salmon blinis and fillet of beef, which Phillip favours: "If it moves, I'll eat it."

Now there's a statement girls.

Plied with alcohol, Julia, Phillip and Biggins are dancing and laughing, but Edwina is not so happy: "I don't need to drink to enjoy myself." But perhaps, Ms Currie, others need to drink to forget you're there.

The next night, it's over to Phil's for chicken liver pate, grey bream and Eton Mess.
Edwina's a little more chirpy and wants to see Philip's chest as he done a lot of modelling including Attitude, the gay magazine. However both Edwina and Christopher have to make do with signed copies of Phil's calendar. That's showbiz folks.

Next is Edwina's house where she prepares her dishes with her 2 dogs on the kitchen floor - all bitches together then.

She prepares roasted tomato and garlic soup, pistachio souffle and individual Beef Wellingtons.
The guests go an nosey round her rather large house and Biggins notes a photo of a baboon on the wall: "A lovely picture of Edwina on holiday," he jokes.

Last but not least, it's the turn of Biggins who gets his housekeeper Steph to do most of the preparation for him while he's titivating the fresh flowers.

Edwina arrives walking like John Wayne and Biggins contemplates sticking a rude part of his anatomy in her food. Pity he didn't...

A great night was had by all and Biggins was the victor. Or should that be Victoria?

By the end of this hour, one phrase is on my mind though- I'm not a celebrity, but get me out of here.

3 comments:

  1. Bloody 'eck our Alma !! What's with the anti Mr Biggins rant ???

    Love,

    Mr Biddiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all Biddins! I think he's fab! It's Ms Currie I can't stick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh,sorry, I often get the 2 confused!

    ReplyDelete